Term 1 Week 1
Activity 1: Go to www.menti.com and use the code 417010
Sally went to the market to get some vegetables. She decided to put on some comfortable shoes and jewellery before she left. On the way, she felt hungry and decided to get some Almond cakes for a snack. She was enthusiastic about going to the market as it has been 3 months since she was last there.
Photograph | Photography | Photographer | Photographic
Japan | Japanese | Jap***
Film | Burglar | Disastrous
Prize | Price
There | Theme
That | This
Prepare By Next Lesson
Plan a one 1 minute speech for ONE of the following questions:
- What is the most important thing to you in life? Why?
- If it were the last day of your life, how would you spend it? Why?
Tips: Recall your speech from last year and remember to present according to the feedback given. No presentation slides are required 🙂
Lesson Objective: I will be able to pronounce and enunciate my words correctly.
Bonus Objective: I will know what it means to improvise a speech.
Refer to page 102 (Exercise 1) of your textbook. Practise with your partner and ensure that both you and your partner are accurate in pronouncing the words in poem. Listen to Resource 13.4 to see if you were correct and try again!
Recall how to pronounce the words you learnt previously:
Comfortable | Vegetable | Photography | Theme | This | Film
Refer to page 105 of your textbook. Work with your partner and decide on who will be Prisca and who will be Chermaine. Practise the conversation with your partner by taking turns to play the role of Prisca and Chermaine. Check your pronunciation by listening to the audio clip played by your teacher.
Teacher speech demonstration
The meaning of improvisation
“A woman without her man is nothing.”
- Identify purpose, audience, context, culture
- Read about the chronic illness from your given handout
- Select a chronic illness
- Research online for more information on the chronic illness you have selected (that are not included in your handout)
- Research online for brochure designs which are related to your topic
- Research online for the different tools/software/apps that you can use to design your brochure